Follow us on Facebook
The Next Meeting:
Our next meeting is on Monday 4th February, when Simon Wallis will be telling us all about growing Alpines at Cambridge University Botanic Garden. Simon is a supervisor in the Alpine and woodland section at the Botanic Garden.
The Group has arranged a visit to the CUBG in June, so you can see the fruits of his labour for yourselves in a few months time. We will give more details of the visit nearer the time.
Meetings are from 19:30 to 21:30, with the speaker beginning at 20:00. Entry is £2 for Group members, £3 for visitors and free for children and students; this fee includes refreshments.
Classes for the February monthly competition:
Art 1 (cut flowers) section
· Four to six cut flowers from the exhibitor's garden displayed in vases (supplied). Not limited to a single bloom of any one plant.
· An arrangement of cut flowers or foliage grown in the exhibitor's garden, including dwarf shrubs, to be judged for quality, delicacy and artistic arrangement. No accessories allowed.
Art 2 section
· One photo of alpine(s) in the wild or in cultivation (can be submitted in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
· One picture of alpine(s) in any medium.
· One piece of needlework depicting or inspired by alpines.
Monthly Meetings for the 2018 / 2019 Year:
Please note that the May meeting will be on the second Monday to avoid the Bank Holiday.